Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Revival ~ Summer 2011

Zion Field Evangelistic Ministries Revival ~ Summer 2011
  • Monday, 8/22/11 ~ Sis. Doris Allen
    Bondage & Strongholds 
    • Romans 8:15, 21 ~ The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” ...the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.
    • Galatians 4:3, 9; 5:1 ~ So also, when we were underage, we were in slavery under the elemental spiritual forces of the world. But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

  • Tuesday, 8/23/11 ~ Sis. Audrey Allen
    Jesus is the gateway to Heaven!
     
    • John 10:1-5, 7-18 ~ “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me -  just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
      • The door is open, walk through & allow Jesus to guide you. He leads & guides us through everything! 
    • Acts 14:27 ~ On arriving there, they gathered the church together and reported all that God had done through them and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles.
    • Jesus is EVERYTHING we need (scripture references): 
      • Psalm 23:1 
      • John 4:26; 6:35; 8:23, 58; 9:5; 10:7, 11-14, 36; 11:25; 13:13; 14:6; 15:1 
      • Revelation 1:17-18


  • Wednesday, 8/24/11 ~ Bro. Anthony Ferdinand
    Why do people perish?
     
    • Hosea 4:6 ~ my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.
    • 2 Peter 3:9 ~ The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
    • Psalm 51 ~ Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
      For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge. Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place.
      Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.
      Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
      Then I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you. Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God, you who are God my Savior, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness. Open my lips, Lord, and my mouth will declare your praise. You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.
      May it please you to prosper Zion, to build up the walls of Jerusalem. Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous, in burnt offerings offered whole; then bulls will be offered on your altar.
    • Hebrews 12 (added by Pastor Crockett at the end of service)

  • Thursday, 8/25/11 ~ Sis. L'Tanya Russ
    Can you see where your faith is? 
    • Mark 10:46-52 (emphasizing heavily on 51 & 52) ~ Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (which means “son of Timaeus”), was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.” Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him. The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.” “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

      Blind Bartimaeus heard of Jesus, so he waited for Him (he had faith that Jesus would come; why else would he wait). He believed in the Word that he'd heard & waited for his healing & deliverance.

      When he heard Jesus was coming, he cried out desperately asking Jesus to have mercy on him. He didn't ask for help from others; he cried out to Jesus (we have to stop depending on a word from others; we have to learn to study the word for ourselves so our faith can be increased - ONLY Jesus can save & deliver).

      Jesus heard his cry & answered him. Jesus asked Bartimaeus what he needed from Him & replied that he wanted to be able to see. Jesus told him that because of his faith, he was healed IMMEDIATELY (when we cry out to God for help, He hears us & His ear is not deaf to us that He will not answer - when we trust in God & have faith in Him, He honors our requests - we can only please Him with our faith).

      After Bartimaeus received his blessing, he dropped his coat & followed Jesus (he took off his coat which signified anything that would hinder, anything that would hold him back from following the call of Christ - he let it go quickly, he got in a hurry - we need to be in a hurry to let go of whatever deters us from following Jesus).

      We need to understand & trust in the power IN God, not just the power OF Him! All people know OF His power, but how many actually know the power IN Him? This type of knowledge & wisdom only comes through fellowship with Him! (When you abide in Me & My word abides in you, ask what you will & it shall be given to you - John 15:7). God's Word needs to be alive in you!
    • Mark 11:22 ~ “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them...”
    • Jeremiah 23:5-6 ~ “The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The LORD Our Righteous Savior...”
  • Friday, 8/26/11 ~ Sis. Sondra Washington
  • Recap of Revival Week:
    * Don't return to bondage!
    * Know the voice of the Good Shepherd!
    * Endure! Repent! Come back to God! Get His knowledge!
    * Have the faith to wait on God after you've asked for an answer! We cannot have our own agenda! While you try to figure it out, God has already worked it out!
     
    • Romans 12:1-2 ~ Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
      • Come out of the wilderness (Renew your mind by consistently reading & speaking the Word; apply it to your life. When we renew our minds, we can properly represent Christ.) 
      • Jesus' crucifixion (Pain is inevitable but suffering is an option!)

No comments: