Monday, February 21, 2011

Once saved...

Earlier, my sister in the Lord, whom I love dearly & have never even met, said that people go to church yet still live like the devil. She also said that going to church is not a guarantee of salvation so people need to get it right because Christ is soon to return (I'm paraphrasing, though I'm sure she wouldn't mind a direct quote). I love her boldness & what she's saying is soooo true! God never told us that once we get saved that we can live any way we choose  & still be alright with with Him. He never said we can get to heaven this way. On the contrary, He actually said "if MY PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLED by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land", 2 Chronicles 7:14.

Jesus said, in Matthew 6:24 & 7:18-23, that good trees cannot bear bad fruit & vice versa. And every bad tree will be cut down & thrown into the lake of fire! Not everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will enter heaven & just because they are doing things in the name of God means they are actually doing the will of God! You cannot serve two masters - you will either serve God or Satan, but it cannot be both. Many people don't like to hear this but if you are not serving God (not saved, etc.), you are serving the Satan!



It's not ok to do something then continue to ask for forgiveness over & over again for the SAME thing! If you meant it the first time, you wouldn't have done it again! Yes, we need deliverance in some areas & situations/struggles do arise but when they do, that's when we pray to God asking him, with a sincere heart, to take that thing away from us. 2 Corinthians 7:10 says that Godly sorrow produces repentance that leads to salvation, not regret! Don't pray after you get in mess, pray before & stay away from whatever it is that is leading you astray! If you used to smoke & you find it hard not to smoke when you're around people who do or places where it's going on, then don't go! Same thing for drinking or anything else that keeps you from doing the will of God. It's not hard if we just try...

Prayer: Father, in the name of Jesus, I humbly come to You with a broken spirit & a contrite heart. I need you Lord because only You can deliver me from my transgressions. Only You can cleanse me & make me new. I ask that You lead me in the direction that You want me to go in. I don't want to keep doing the things I'm doing now but I can't seem to figure out how to stop doing them. I know that living this way will not get me into heaven and hell is definitely not the place I want to end up so please Lord, show me Your way. Speak to my heart so that Your words will be embedded within me always. I know You can do above anything I ask and I know that You will deliver me, not only from my sins, but from myself! Right now, Lord, I call those things that be not as though they were and I thank You for my deliverance and my victory! In Jesus' name, Amen!

ℒᎤᏉℰ

No comments: