Friday, February 25, 2011

Is He calling you?

I wondered for a very long time what God's will & plan for my life truly is. I wondered if He wanted me to sing again; I think I have a pretty nice voice & I love to sing so I thought perhaps I should be a blessing in the vocal arts lol. I went over the idea in my mind a million times but it didn't seem right. I couldn't figure out what He wanted me to do.

I was in my bathroom one evening & the Lord told me to run the race. Simple right? How could that simple task be my life's mission? How could a God so big have nothing for me to do except run a race? Nonetheless, I obeyed. I began to study more & that's when I realized that running this race was soooo much more than I assumed! In studying the Word I remembered that what God called me to do, as He has all of us, is to be obedient to His will. He called me to share His word with others & live my life in an acceptably pleasing manner to Him!


Now I figured, through prayer and study, I could live right & be obedient but I wasn't so sure about the sharing part. I'm not talkative nor is my speech as eloquent as others. I'm pretty shy & definitely not a conversation starter. But then I realized that God wanted me to "stay in my lane" (as my sister in the Lord says) & do it the way best suited for me! I can't spread His word if I'm out of His will & trying to be something I'm not! Thus, here I am!

Sometimes you may think that no one is listening to you or paying attention to you. You might think that you aren't reaching anyone. You might even be afraid to speak up or do your "job" but the bible says in Psalm 118:6 that God is with me so I should not be afraid; I serve an awesome God so what can a man do to me? Jeremiah 1:8 says not to be afraid of anyone, no matter how angry they look or no matter what ugly things they say about me or to me! Ezekiel 2 talks about bringing the Word to rebellious & stubborn people who may not listen. Whether they do or not & regardless of what they say, they will know that the person bringing the Word was sent by God! Forget what they say to you & about you, continue to do the will of God & He will bless you!

If God has called you, fulfill your calling and accept it with honor! Forget what others say! Don't worry about the way they look at you or try to discourage you! It is better for you to obey God than worry about how some foolish person feels. Don't get caught in the trap of feeling guilty because your friends might not like what you have to say because Jesus said if you deny Him, He will deny you before God. God told Ezekiel to eat the scroll so that the Words of God would be within him and he could be confident in knowing he was saying what God wanted him to say! God touched Jeremiah's mouth, putting His words within him! You must do what God has called you to do or you are no better than those you should be ministering to. It is your duty to minister to people when God has given you that torch to carry! If He's given you a message to deliver but you do not, you will be held accountable for those who die in sin! If you do deliver His message but the people you've delivered it to do NOT take heed, then you've done what you were asked to do (Ezekiel 4:17-21)! Just remember, if someone is mad at you for telling them what God has said, it's not really you they are mad at - they are upset because the word has convicted them in their hearts.

ℒᎤᏉℰ

No comments: