Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where do they go?

Yesterday a Facebook friend posted about a little girl being stabbed to death saving her sister. His question was basically why does this type thing happen & why do we, as a society, turn a blind eye. One thing that I saw, more than once (something I've seen & heard before) was that the girl was in a better place. It wasn't my post to rant on & on so I made my comment & dropped it but the more I thought about it, the more I felt like something needed to be said. So of course I turned to my own "diary" via Facebook & said this...

"You know something? I get so sick & tired of hearing people say "RIP" or "s/he is gone to a better place" when someone dies. How do you know that? Everybody who dies does NOT go to Heaven - that is the ONLY good place a person can go when they die so if they didn't go there, where the HELL else is good! My good friend died a month ago. My other good friend's dad died yesterday morning. I can only hope they both went to what people call "a better place" but I don't know that for sure. Just because I love them doesn't mean they HAVE to go to Heaven. Just because they were good people doesn't mean they went. I hope they made it. I hope we all make it, but NONE of us KNOWS for sure unless we live the life God intended us to live. The only SURE way to KNOW you are going to Heaven is to be saved & to STAY saved!"

Well the more I thought about it, as the night went on then again this morning, I started thinking: why are we so quick to believe what sounds good or makes us feel good rather than the truth? It really gets on my nerve to have this conversation w/people & they get mad when the truth is spoken because they don't know or don't understand. I've heard "you can't say where a person went or you can't tell people how they will die". Ughhh! God doesn't need my help so me giving my opinion is a moot issue. As a Christian, God commands me to tell the truth, whether it's accepted or ignored. I don't want Him to hold me accountable for not saying something when I know better. What I will do is say what the Bible, the WORD of GOD, says. Again not my words or my opinion so don't get mad at me lol

1. John 8:32 "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (You have to first KNOW the truth in order to be set free from the lies)

2. Isaiah 5:13 "Therefore My people go into captivity [to their enemies] without knowing it and because they have no knowledge [of God]." (Without knowing God, we are sitting ducks for the devil & will fall prey to whatever lies are told & whatever evil comes our way)

3. John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly." (It is NOT in God's plan for us to live wrong or to die young. The devil has a plan to take our lives and destroy everything we have. God's plan is for us to have ABUNDANT LIFE!)

4. Romans 10:9-11 "If you declare that Jesus is Lord, and believe that God brought him back to life, you will be saved. By believing you receive God’s approval, and by declaring your faith you are saved. Scripture says, Whoever believes in him will not be ashamed." (This one is simple but so many miss it because they believe that if you are a good person you can still go to Heaven - not the case... YOU MUST BE SAVED TO GO TO HEAVEN!)

5. John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”"

6. Matthew 13:37-43 "He answered, “The one who plants the good seeds is the Son of Man. The field is the world. The good seeds are those who belong to the kingdom. The weeds are those who belong to the evil one. The enemy who planted them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the world. The workers are angels. Just as weeds are gathered and burned, so it will be at the end of time. The Son of Man will send his angels. They will gather everything in his kingdom that causes people to sin and everyone who does evil. The angels will throw them into a blazing furnace. People will cry and be in extreme pain there. Then the people who have God’s approval will shine like the sun in their Father’s kingdom. Let the person who has ears listen!"

7. Matthew 15:19, 18 "Evil thoughts, murder, adultery, other sexual sins, stealing, lying, and cursing come from within ...that’s what makes a person unclean."

8. Romans 1:28-32 "And because they thought it was worthless to acknowledge God, God allowed their own immoral minds to control them. So they do these indecent things. Their lives are filled with of all kinds of sexual sins, wickedness, and greed. They are mean. They are filled with envy, murder, quarreling, deceit, and viciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, haughty, arrogant, and boastful. They think up new ways to be cruel. They don’t obey their parents, don’t have any sense, don’t keep promises, and don’t show love to their own families or mercy to others. Although they know God’s judgment that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do these things but also approve of others who do them." (Clearly here anyone can see that when you continue in sin, God allows you to do just what you want to do & if this is the path you choose, the Bible says you "deserve to die". It's not God's will but if your choice is to follow a path of destruction then He will not violate your free will.)

Remember, the reward for sin & living wrong is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord - Romans 6:23

No comments: