Monday, March 14, 2011

Helmet of Salvation

You know, I just read Ephesians 6 again & something stuck out to me! The bible says we are to put on the WHOLE armor of God so that we are able to stand against the devil: the belt of truth, breastplate of righteousness, shoes prepared with the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, helmet of salvation & the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. We are to PRAY ALWAYS! But here's the thing: sin doesn't just happen. You don't just wake up one day & say "hmm... I think I'll kill my neighbor" or "I'm gonna sleep with my cousin's boyfriend". No, sin begins as a simple thought.

Human beings are visual creatures and more often than not, we see something that appeals to us in some way & if you "think" about something long enough, it will begin to become a part of your heart. The bible says "where your treasures is, there your heart will be also" - Luke 12:34. Once it becomes a part of your heart, you begin to reason in your mind how it can't be wrong or might not be so bad or perhaps it can work out if you have control of the situation. All of those are deceptions that the devil will throw at you to get you in a position to commit the sin. God is SO intelligent! Salvation is the ONLY thing that keeps us from sin, which begins in our MINDS, thus the NEED for a HELMET OF SALVATION!

ℒᎤᏉℰ

No comments: